- Protecting Your Privacy
- Our Information Security Procedures
- Our Information Verification Procedures
- What Information We Collect
- What Information We Disclose
- Information Disclosed in Other Circumstances
- Protecting Consumer Privacy on the Internet
- It's Your Choice
We recognize that protecting privacy is one of the fundamental responsibilities we have to our customers and potential customers. We want you to understand what information we collect and how we use it. We gather information from applicants and customers to offer products and services we think may be of value to you and for our own business needs.
Because you trust us to use your information in this manner, we adhere to the following guidelines:
We take the following steps to safeguard your information:
- We restrict access to your information to those employees who need to know your information to provide products or services to you.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your information.
- We require other companies we do business with to maintain procedures to provide data security.
We believe keeping customer information accurate and up to date is important. Your information is verified and updated through Customer Service with every telephone interaction.
We encourage you to contact Customer Service in order to verify and correct your information as necessary.
Identifying Information - information we receive from you such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and mother's maiden name.
- Application Information - information we receive from you on applications or other loan and account forms such as birth date, employment status, income, and home ownership.
- Transaction Information - information about your transactions with us, or our Affiliates, such as your history on the account, payment and balance history.
- Third Party Information - information we receive from third parties (credit bureaus and other data providers) such as your relationship history, credit histories and credit scores.
- "Nonpublic personal information" is information about you that is generally not publicly available and that we obtain in connection with providing a financial product or service to you.
* We may disclose the nonpublic personal information we collect about you to our "Affiliates" and "Non-Affiliates" for the purpose of those companies offering their products or services to you. We also may disclose this information to service providers and companies that perform services on our behalf or to other companies with which we have a joint marketing alliance.
"Affiliates" are members of our corporate family and as such are companies related to us by common ownership or control. "Non-Affiliates" are third parties that are not members of our corporate family.
Examples of Affiliates and Non-Affiliates may include:
- Financial service providers such as credit card enhancement service companies and insurance entities.
- Non-financial companies such as retailers, direct marketers and publishers.
We also may share information with "Affiliates" and "Non-Affiliates" as permitted by law in other appropriate situations, such as:
- With credit bureaus or other similar reporting agencies;
- With regulatory agencies and auditors;
- When we might sell or merge parts of our business; and
- As required or allowed by law (e.g. subpoenas).
When you visit our site, we collect and store only the following information: your requesting IP (Internet address); the type of equipment you used to access our site (PC, Macintosh, WebTV, etc.); the type of browser you used (Internet Explorer, Netscape, etc.); the date and time of your visit; and any links or URLs you may have used to access our site.
We use this information to learn more about how many people visit our website, how they accessed our website, how our website is utilized, and to help us make our website more accessible and useful for future visitors.
When visiting our website, you may also choose to provide us with personally identifying information. This is done when you apply for one of our products or when you enroll in one of our services. We will use the information you provide to evaluate your application and/or to enroll you in the service you request.
We keep your information secure. When you provide information to us, it is sent through a "secure session" established with Secure Socket Layer (SSL). This technology protects your information while it is transferred over the Internet. Our systems protect your information from access by others using industry standard encryption and security technologies.
We believe you should have the right to choose how we manage your information and how we communicate with you. You have the following choices:
- You may direct us not to disclose nonpublic personal information to Non-Affiliates (other than those disclosures permitted by law).*
- You may direct us not to disclose to our Affiliates application information and Third Party information that does not relate solely to our experiences or transactions with you or your account. However, we will continue sharing your identifying and transaction information as permitted by law.*
- You may direct us not to send you promotional offers by mail (other than with your account statement).
- You may direct us not to contact you about promotional offers by telephone.
- You may direct us not to send you promotional offers by e-mail.
To send us a letter by mail, send your letter to:
112 S. French Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
- Your Name
- Your Street Address and Apartment Number (if applicable) or P.O. Box
- Your City, State, and Zip Code
- Katabat Reference Number(s)
- Your preference for any or all of the statements listed above. Please copy the statement in your letter.
Due to processing requirements, it may take 4 - 6 weeks for your request to be completed. Any choice(s) made by an individual customer in a joint account or product will be applied to all customers of that account or product. The most current privacy statement and all customer choices will apply to all closed or inactive accounts. We may update our Privacy information periodically. Updated versions will be posted online. We will continue to honor any previous directions you have made regarding information disclosure and promotional contact.
*North Dakota (ND) and Vermont (VT) residents: We do not share your non-public personal information with Affiliates or Non-Affiliates except as allowed by law.